FLIGHT OPERATIONS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Flaps Aviation will not be held responsible for any delay or cancellation due to the following operational terms and conditions as mentioned below. All members must plan in advance, to avoid any sort of delay in shifting the patient
- All flight activations require minimum 12 working hours for permission from various agencies. Flaps Aviation will not fly any aircraft until & unless proper clearance is received from all ground agencies before departure.
- For all Airport Authority of India (“AAI”) airports 24 hours prior notice is required for operating the aircraft but due to medical emergencies permissions are given at short notice. It is at the discretion of AAI and the Flaps Aviation will not be held responsible for any delay or cancellations.
- All AAI airport flights will be conducted during normal airport watch hours. Any watch hour extension will attract extra charges on an hourly basis which shall be borne by the member.
- Flaps Aviation will not be held responsible for any delay/cancellation for the unavailability of parking at the airport due to any reason.
- Flaps Aviation will not be held responsible for any delay/cancellation for airspace or airport closure due to any military or air force flying or due to any VVIP or VIP movement.
- Flaps Aviation will not be held responsible if there is any delay or cancellation due to bad weather or any other condition which is not safe for aircraft operations or not permitted by DGCA, AAI, or any other competent authority.
- Flaps Aviation will not be held responsible for any diversion or delay due to bad weather, airport closer or runway closer or any other condition which is against air safety and against safe operations of the aircraft.
- Flaps Aviation will not be held responsible if the aircraft is diverted to any unplanned airport due to any reason including technical, non-technical, or as mentioned under this user agreement. In such cases, all hospitalization charges of the patient/member need to be paid by the member.
- Flaps Aviation will provide full assistance in transferring such user/ member (as mentioned to the local hospital nearest to the unplanned airport.
- Flaps Aviation will not be held responsible for any delay or cancellation if aircraft is grounded due to any technical reason at any point in time or any phase of flight like a departure, enroute, arrival, or before landing.
- All state government airstrips are under the control of District Magistrate of that area and permission takes a minimum of 12 working hours during office hours. Flaps Aviation shall not be held responsible for any delay due to this reason. For such locations, the customer/member shall directly take the Local District Magistrate’s permission. Working hours shall mean 9 AM to 6 PM on any day including Sundays.
- All flight operations are restricted to day operations only, as night facility is not available and approved at State Government airports & many AAI Airports.
- At all State Government airports fire-fighting, ambulance, and runway clearance is done by the local authority. Flaps Aviation will not be held responsible if any delay/ cancellation happens due to the unavailability of these services.
- All flights will be conducted from paved runways. Flaps Aviation will not conduct any flights from soft air-fields, grassy air fields, sea-ports, Heliports or helipads.
- Flaps Aviation will not be held responsible if the runway surface is not suitable for operating a flight due to any reason.
- For flight operations, Flaps Aviation requires a minimum (at least 4000 feet to 5000 feet) Paved Runway Length which depends on aircraft to aircraft and will be decided on the day of operation. Flaps Aviation will not be held responsible if the flight is cancelled due to thelength of the runway is shorter than specified above.
- Flaps Aviation is not into Sea-plane or Helicopter operations and will not be able to provide any helicopter or sea-plane aircraft for evacuation.
- All flights at Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard, or military airports require clearance from their Head Quarters situated at New Delhi and require a minimum of 12 hours. Flaps Aviation must not be held responsible if any delay happens and the condition of the patient deteriorates due to this reason.
- All flight operations at Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard or military is restricted to day operations only. Flaps Aviation will not be held responsible for any delay due to this reason.
- In case a user/member is of foreign national a special clearance is required to operate at Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard, or military airports and a copy of the passport is required to get the clearance and it may take more than 6 hours to get the clearance.
- To operate at Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard or military airports on holidays may take more time than usual. Flaps Aviation will not be held responsible for any delay/cancellation due to the unavailability of clearance.
- Flaps Aviation will not be held responsible for any delay/cancellation due to any natural calamity or if the aircraft is stuck in that particular area during that period.
- Flaps Aviation will not be held responsible for any delay/cancellation of any flight if, aircraft is engaged for National cause, interest, natural or unnatural emergencies, or on unscheduled Government deployment to evacuate anyone for the safety of their lives.
- Flaps Aviation only does Non – Covid flights. Flaps aviation reserves the right to cancel any flight suspected of carrying Covid patient and will deduct cancellation amount as per cancellation policy based on Flaps aviation’s medical team.
- If a patient is found to be having symptoms leading to Covid 19, Flaps has all the right to cancel the flight at any point of time. Flaps aviation reserves the right to doing the flight with consultation of Flaps Medical team. No other medical team’s/ Doctor/ Hospital’s recommendations will be considered in this regards. If an agent or patient is found to be having covid symptoms based on Flaps Medical team assessment, Flaps reserves all the rights to cancel the flight at any point and deduct cancellation fee as per cancellation policy of Flaps.
Items that are banned for carriage on person/hand baggage on board flights operating from civil airports in India; and Indian Registered aircrafts from foreign airports :
- Scissors-metal with pointed tips
- Realistic replica of toy weapon
- Box Cutters
- Ice Axes/ Ice Picks
- Knives (any length and type except round-bladed, butter, and plastic cutlery)
- Meat Cleavers
- Razor-Type Blades such as box cutters, utility knives,
razor blades not in a cartridge, but excluding safety razors
- Scissors – metal with pointed tips
- Baseball Bats
- Bows and Arrows
- Cricket Bats
- Golf Clubs
- Hockey Sticks
- Lacrosse Sticks
- Pool Cues
- Ski Poles
- Spear Guns
Guns and Firearms
- BB guns
- Compressed Air Guns
- Flare Guns
- Gun Lighters
- Gun Powder
- Parts of Guns and Firearms
- Pellet Guns
- Realistic Replicas of Firearms
- Starter pistols
- Axes and hatchets
- Cattle Prods
- Drills (including cordless portables power drills)
- Saws (including cordless portable power saws)
- Screwdrivers (except those in eyeglass repair kits)
- Tools (including but not limited to wrenches and pliers)
- Wrenches and Pliers
Martial Arts / Self Defense Items
- Billy Clubs
- Black Jacks
- Brass Knuckles
- Mace/ Pepper Spray
- Martial Arts Weapons
- Night Sticks
- Martial Arts/ Self Defense Items
- Stun Guns/ Shocking Devices
- Throwing Stars
- Blasting Caps
- Flares (in any form)
- Hand Grenades
- Plastic Explosives
- Realistic Replicas of Explosives
- Aerosol (any except for personal care or toiletries in limited quantities)
- Fuels (Including cooking fuels and any flammable liquid fuel)
- Gas Torches
- Lighter Fluid
- Strike-anywhere Matches
- Turpentine and paint Thinner
- Realistic Replicas of Incendiaries
Disabling Chemicals and other Dangerous Items
- Chlorine for Pools and Spas
- Compressed Gas Cylinders (including fire extinguishers)
- Liquid Bleach
- Spillable Batteries (except those in wheelchairs)
- Spray Paint
- Tear Gas